Oct 11, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!









Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! We have had perfect (and I hear quite abnormal) warm weather this weekend with blue skies and sunshine. This weekend we drove down to Ottawa to visit good friends Bonnie & Matt and had a really nice time wandering through ByWard Market, exploring the city and sharing a few beers on a balcony while catching up. On the way back we drove the long way home to see the changing foliage colours and pass by a couple lakes. I also carved my first pumpkin (I realise this is a Halloween thing but couldn't resist) and made my first pumpkin pie. All in all quite a good Canadian experience I think!

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Your little pumpkin pictures is soo delightful! It fills my spirit with autumn colors, feelings and tastes. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful , beatiful pictures!
    Greetings from Bulgaria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That migh pt be the happiest and most adorable carved pumpkin I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I love the ones with the pumpkins and the horse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!! looks amazing. Great shots. GaZZie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! It really was a beautiful weekend... perfect for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos Chantelle!! I love your pumpkin carving and the geese. Gae

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply loving these beautiful photos. Happy Fall to you! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic collection of the Canadian Fall Season! And it was so much fun to catch up in Ottawa! Hugz!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Thanksgiving roundup - it makes me all the more excited for the American Thanksgiving I'll be celebrating for the 2nd year in Australia. That pumpkin tart looks simply delectable, too.

    ReplyDelete